Do you know what are some questions to ask about the admission process? Crack the code to admission success by asking the right questions!
When interacting with college or university admission representatives at an educational expo, it’s important to ask relevant questions to gain a better understanding of the admission process.
Inquire about timeframes, program-specific requirements, and documentation specifications. Get clarification on standardized testing, evaluation standards, and communication schedules.
Understanding qualifications, transfer credit procedures, and financial assistance alternatives ensures an informed and prepared application process.
What are some questions to ask about the admission process?
- Do I have to finish my associate degree before I can transfer?
- Do I have to have all of my general education and major requirements completed before applying?
- If I am an international student, do I need to take the TOEFL? If so, what is the score?
- Can I use AP/IB credits?
- What are the deadlines for admission? Do you offer alternatives to regular admission such as early decision, early action, or rolling admission? How many applications did you receive last year? What percentage were admitted?
- What academic preparation do you expect to be admitted – which qualities and experiences are you looking for in a student?
- What is the average GPA for an admitted transfer student into [specific major]?
- What kind of student is most successful at your university?
- What are the entrance requirements?
- When do your applications open and close?
- What are the application fees?
- What are the required documents for the application?
- What are the English language requirements for international students?
- What scholarships and funding opportunities are available?
- What are the eligibility criteria for these scholarships?
These questions can provide valuable insights into the admission process and help students make informed decisions about their educational journey
You May Also Like: